1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup quick cooking oats
2 tablespoons milled flax seed
¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
¾ cup vanilla yogurt
3 large eggs
2 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
½ small ripe banana, smashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, diced
Turbino sugar for top of muffins
– Preheat the oven to 400-degrees and grease an extra-large muffin tin.
– Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Whisk in the oats and milled flax seed.
– In another bowl, beat together the brown sugar, yogurt, oil, mashed banana and eggs. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined – do not overmix.
– Fold in the strawberries gently.
– Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle with Turbino sugar.
– Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
– Let the muffins rest 5 minutes in the pan, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Be sure to follow A Southern Wife on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more recipes! All words written and pictures are Copyrighted. You are not allowed to rewrite any part of this recipe or use these pictures as your own in any way.