Here are the top 10 scary Halloween movies. They are not in any particular order, because I believe they are all equally as scary, except for the movie The Exorcist! Halloween is just around the corner, so it is time to sit back and watch a scary movie and eat some popcorn. I love a good scary movie!! So, what are some of your favorite scary movies? Did your favorite scary movie make the list? Let me know by leaving a comment below. 😉
10 Scary Halloween Movies:
1. 1408 – 2007: A horror writer (John Cusack) who doesn’t believe in ghosts encounters more than his fair share in a very scary hotel room…that’s one way to end a case of writer’s block. This movie is based off a real hotel room in San Antonio, Texas.
2. Poltergeist – 1982: This film will make you afraid of your tv set, not to mention afraid to buy a new house. Craig Nelson stars as a Dad who moves his family into a not-so-peaceful new home. Excellent scary classic that seems so real to life. This is one of my favorite all time scary movies!
3. Signs – 2002: There are crop circles in your cornfield, you say? What’s so scary about that…Mel Gibson stars as a farmer who would argue that there is a lot to be afraid of. It would appear that these “signs” mean the world is being taken over by extra-terrestrials. Great movie!
4. Cabin In The Woods – 2012: A creepy mix of sci-fi and horror about a group of College friends who plan a weekend getaway to, you guessed it, a cabin in the woods. This one will make you re-think a weekend get away in the woods for sure! This will make you not want to go into a cabin in the woods.
5. Halloween – 1978: This movie is a scary movie classic. A young Jamie Lee Curtis stars in this film, that set the standard for many sequels as well as other horror movies for years to come. Michael Myers is a true classic horror film character that you’ll never forget after watching this horror flick. This is a perfect scary Halloween movie.
6. Evil Dead – 2013: This new version of the 1981 original added lots of gore and got rid of most of the campiness from the original, making it one of the few recent movies to be worthy of a “best” list. Great movie!
7. The Shining – 1980: Jack Nicholson makes for one scary inn-keeping Husband of an isolated Country resort. REDRUM anyone? You’ll definitely go to bed thinking about this one. This one has become a creepy classic and will keep you on the edge of your seat for sure! Love this movie!
8. Dawn of the Dead – 2004: Imagine being trapped in a shopping mall during the zombie apocalypse. Now imagine being pregnant with a half-zombie baby…this isn’t just your typical trip to the mall. Nope! This scary Halloween movie will leave you thinking twice before you get up to get a cold drink in the dark. This is a perfect zombie scary movie!
9. The Exorcist – 1973: A truly frightening classic, based on the book by William Friedkin, about a young girl who is demonically possessed. From levitating beds to un-repeatable words coming from the mouth of little Linda Blair. This classic is a bone chilling. This movie tops the list as my all time favorite scary movie!
10. 28 Days Later, – 2006: The chemically engineered “zombies” that were the focus of this film spawned an entire new variety of zombies in the last several years…and we don’t mean the sparkly kind. Don’t get up for popcorn alone while you’re watching this scary Halloween flick!
(Thanks, Family Frugal Fun!)